Last Updated on June 8, 2022 7:12 am by admin
Ayushman Bharat Hospital List 2022 PDF download
The government’s increased focus to invest in the country’s healthcare infrastructure and establish India as a global healthcare hub will further expand accessibility of healthcare services to the Indian population and strengthen the overall healthcare system. According to NITI Aayog, the Indian healthcare sector is likely to expand at a CAGR of 22% (3x) in 2016-2022 to reach US$ 372 billion in 2022, from US$ 110 billion in 2016. The government expenditure on healthcare increased by 137% YoY (Rs. 2,23,846 crore (US$ 30.70 billion)) in BE 2021-22, as against Rs. 94,452 crore (US$ 12.95 billion) in BE 2020-21. The government is planning to increase public health spending to 2.5% of the country’s GDP by 2025, from 1.8% in 2020.
Through numerous health initiatives under Ayushman Bharat, the government aims to establish a ‘New India’ by 2022; thereby, increase growth & well-being, create employment and boost the healthcare sector of the country.
PM-JAY provide cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 10.74 crores poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries). There is no cap on the family size under the scheme. This scheme was earlier known as National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) before it was rechristened to PM-JAY. This scheme was launched on 23rd September 2018 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
PM-JAY has been rolled out for the bottom 40% of poor and vulnerable population. The households included are based on the deprivation and occupational criteria of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 (SECC 2011) for rural and urban areas respectively. The scheme subsumed then existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), launched in 2008. Therefore, the coverage mentioned under PM-JAY also includes families that were covered in RSBY but were not present in the SECC 2011 database. PM-JAY is completely funded by the Government, and cost of implementation is shared between Central and State Governments.
Key Features of PMJAY
- PM-JAY provides cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empaneled hospitals in India.
- Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) are eligible for these benefits.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services(Indoor) for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- PM-JAY will help reduce catastrophic expenditure for hospitalizations, which pushes 6 crore people into poverty each year, and will help mitigate the financial risk arising out of catastrophic health episodes.
- No restrictions on family size, age or gender.
- All pre–existing conditions are covered from day one.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country i.e. a beneficiary can visit any empanelled public or private hospital for cashless treatment.
- Public hospitals are reimbursed for the healthcare services at par with the private hospitals.
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is a national public health insurance fund of the Government of India that aims to provide free access to health insurance coverage for low income earners in the country. Roughly, the bottom 50% of the country qualifies for this scheme. People using the program access their own primary care services from a family doctor. When anyone needs additional care, then PM-JAY provides free secondary health care for those needing specialist treatment and tertiary health care for those requiring hospitalization.
The programme is part of the Indian government’s National Health Policy and is means-tested. It was launched in September 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. That ministry later established the National Health Authority as an organization to administer the program. It is a centrally sponsored scheme and is jointly funded by both the union government and the states. By offering services to 50 crore (500 million) people it is the world’s largest government sponsored healthcare program. The program is a means-tested as its users are people with low income in India.
INFORMATION OF PDF FILE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD
|Title of PDF File||Ayushman Bharat Hospital List in India 2022 PDF download|
|Language of PDF File||English|
|Size of PDF File||479 KB|
|No of Pages in PDF File||20|