Chief Minister’s Girl Child Protection Scheme
CM Girl Child Protection Scheme
The Girl Child Protection Scheme is aimed at preventing gender discrimination by empowering and protecting rights of girl Children through direct investment from Government. It is being implemented in Tamil Nadu state.
The scheme aims to:
- Promote enrolment and retention of the girl child in school and to ensure her education at least up to intermediate level.
- Encourage girls to get married only after the age of 18 years.
- Encourage parents to adopt family planning norm with two girl children.
- Protect the rights of the girl child and provide social and financial empowerment to girl child.
- Strengthen the role of the family in improving the status of the girl child.
Mode of Deposits under the Scheme
An amount of Rs. 50,000 is deposited in the name of the girl child born on or after 01/08/2011, in the form of fixed deposit with the Tamil Nadu Power Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, for a family with one girl child only. The copy of the fixed deposit receipt is given to the family of the girl child.
An amount of Rs. 25,000 is deposited in the names of two girl children born on or after 01/08/2011 in the form of fixed deposit with Tamil Nadu Power Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, for a family with two girl children only. The copy of the fixed deposit receipt is given to the family of the girl children.
The above deposit is renewed at the end of every 5 years and on completion of 18 years of age the amount deposited along with interest will be given to the girl child. To get this benefit, the girl child should appear for 10th standard public examination. Thus, the matured amount will help the girl child to pursue her higher education. The new scheme implemented from 01.08.2011 has maturity benefits as detailed below.
Details of Final Maturity
1. Scheme-I – Initial Deposit Amount Rs. 50,000
2. Scheme-II – Initial Deposit Amount Rs. 25,000(for each girl child)
From the year 2013-14, the benefits provided under the Marriage Assistance Scheme have also been extended to the beneficiaries under the Girl Child Protection Scheme who were enrolled in the years from 1992 to 1995.
An annual incentive of Rs.1800 is given to the girl child every year from the 6th year of deposit in order to meet education expenses. For this scheme, the Annual income limit was enhanced from Rs. 24,000/- to Rs.72000/- with effect from 14.10.2014 for both Schemes.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply with relevant documents
- Income Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- No male child Certificate
- Birth Certificate of Girl Children’s
- Sterilization certificate
- Ration Card
- Age certificate / TC of father & mother
- Community Certificate
This e-sevai centre and also submit a copy to DSWO, Chennai , and reconcile with original documents. Citizens can apply through eSevai or visit the district social welfare office.
Chief Minister’s Girl Child Protection Scheme Eligibility
- Annual income limit – Rs.72000/-
- The parents of the girl child should have no male child
- The girl child must be enrolled in an educational institution and unmarried.
Chief Minister’s Girl Child Protection Scheme Form
|INFORMATION OF PDF FILE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD|
|Title of PDF File||Chief Minister’s Girl Child Protection Scheme|
|Language of PDF File||English|
|Size of PDF File||–|
|No of Pages in PDF File||–|