Last Updated on May 26, 2021 10:46 am by admin
Sputnik V Fact Sheet PDF
Dr Reddy’s is pleased to share that Sputnik V showed strong efficacy, immunogenicity and safety results in the Interim Phase-3 data on 19866 people in the clinical trial conducted by its partner, RDIF
A vaccine for all mankind: Sputnik V’s efficacy in fighting COVID-19 is validated by internationally peer reviewed data published in The Lancet
- In an interim analysis of a Phase III clinical trial, Sputnik V showed strong efficacy, immunogenicity and safety results
- Efficacy of Sputnik V against COVID-19 was reported at 91.6%.
- Analysis included data on 19,866 volunteers, who received both the first and second doses of the Sputnik V vaccine or placebo at the final control point of 78 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Efficacy in the elderly group of 2,144 volunteers over 60 years old was 91.8% and did not differ statistically from the 18-60 group
- Sputnik V provides full protection against severe cases of COVID-19.
- Among the cases analyzed, over 98% of volunteers developed humoral immune response and 100% – cellular immune response.
- The level of virus neutralizing antibodies of volunteers vaccinated with Sputnik V is 1.3-1.5 times higher than the level of antibodies of patients who recovered from COVID-19.
- Excellent safety profile. Most adverse events (94%) were mild and included flu-like syndromes, injection site reactions, headache and asthenia.