Traffic Rules in India PDF
- Always Overtake from the right side.
- Parking – Make sure you don’t park your vehicle in a way it causes any hurdle or disturbance to any other road users.
- Keep To Your Left – Always drive or ride on the left side of the road and let other vehicles overtake you from the right side.
- Stay Left When You Turn Left – When turning towards left, start with approaching the curb from the left-most lane and ensure there’s enough distance for oncoming vehicles to pass.
- Turn Right – Come to the centre of the road before you start turning right but when going around the curb, try to stay towards the left-most part of your lane to avoid contact with oncoming traffic.
- When being overtaken by another vehicle, never increase your speed to prevent the other driver from overtaking you.
- Be extra careful on intersections. Also, when passing through them, ensure your vehicle doesn’t cause inconvenience to other road users.
- Right of Way- Always give a right of way to vehicles on intersections by letting them continue without stopping in that particular direction in which you are about to proceed.
- Emergency Vehicles – It is your responsibility to give way to emergency services vehicles such as fire engines and ambulances.
- Indicators – Always use indicators to let other road users know about the planned change in the direction of travel. If your vehicle indicators get damaged without any warning, use hand signals
- Pedestrians have the right of way at pedestrian crossings or zebra crossings.
- “U” Turns- U-turns can only be taken when there is no warning sign nearby you give a proper indication to other vehicle drivers that you are going to take a U turn
Traffic Signs or Road Signs
Traffic Signs or Road Signs are signs erected at the side of roads to provide information to road users. Pictorial signs are used as symbols in place of words. As control devices for traffic, signs need full attention, respect and adequate driver’s response. There are three basic types of traffic signs:-
Circles give orders, Triangles warn and Rectangles inform.
All triangular signs are red.
Also Read More – Traffic Signal Rules, Light Rules and Traffic Symbols
|INFORMATION OF PDF FILE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD|
|Title of PDF File||Traffic Rules in India PDF|
|Language of PDF File||English|
|Size of PDF File||4.5 MB|
|No of Pages in PDF File||92|